When operating a motorcycle, it’s important to think about your safety. Zipping down the highway can be fun, but you aren’t driving for yourself; you’re driving for the people around you who may not be as conscientious. When you’re out and about, having motorcycle insurance is crucial. Not only are you following the laws, but you’re making an investment into protecting your motorcycle, your passengers and yourself.
How Can I Maintain My Safety While Operating My Motorcycle?
These simple steps can make a tremendous difference when on the road.
- Obey all traffic laws: Not only is it the law, but this helps prevent accidents.
- Make sure your motorcycle has been serviced: When your bike is in good condition, it is less likely to break down on the road.
- Take it easy on wet roads: Driving fast on wet roads can cause accidents. It’s easy to lose control, so keep it slow until the weather clears up.
- Wear a helmet: A helmet not only shields your head from the elements as you ride, but also protects your head in the event of an accident.
- Wear bright colors: Dark colors are hard to see (especially at nighttime) and can throw drivers off if they don’t see you at first. Wearing bright colors helps you remain more noticeable on the road.
- Use signals when turning: You always want to alert other drivers of your upcoming actions to avoid accidents.
- Don’t ride too close to the next vehicle: You never know when a vehicle will slam on the brakes or make a sudden movement. Always maintain a safe distance to allow time to stop.
These are just a few ways you can maintain your safety. Being proactive in observing your surroundings as you are driving is also a good way to know who and what is around you. It’s always better to drive safe than be sorry in the end. Making sure you have an adequate motorcycle insurance policy is always a step in the right direction. Work with your independent insurance agent to find a policy that will meet all your needs.
Your safety is our priority. Call Insurance Agent2000 at (925) 429-8811 for more information on Clayton motorcycle insurance.